Wednesday, December 31, 2014

14 Things I've Learned in 2014

   Happy New Year!

        While all of us are expected today to binge drink and make shallow vows to exercise more in the new year, I'd like to look back on the year I've lived. It was nice.
      I have always had this idea that years of our lives have almost a personality; the depressing years, the wild party years, the bobbing-whichever-way-the-wind-blows years, the stressful years, the achieving years, etc. This year was a Learning Year for me. Through graduating high school and moving on to college, car ownership, and the work world, I have learned some important lessons. Here are fourteen that I would love to share with you (in chronological order):

        1. Sushi isn't actually that bad. Also, people can change their minds--so try new things and then try them again.

        2. Kesha makes waking up on the bathroom floor sound way cooler than it actually is.
                    (UPDATE: due to questions I should clarify that this moment refers to a serious stomach flu and not a hangover. However, both involve vomiting and vomiting is never cool.)

        3. 4H rocks and I wish I had gotten into it earlier!
Central Florida Fair, March 6-8th


        4. "It always seems impossible until it's done" -Nelson Mandela.
                     (But he forgot the part about doing the impossible with friends, which is the best)
Iron Girl half marathon, April 13th


        5. Life goes by crazy fast.


Graduation, May 16th


        6. Making memories is sometimes just a road trip away. Just get up and go!

Chasing the sun on the Summer Solstice, June 21st


        7. There is no such thing as a free pet.




        8. "Fake it til you make it" is a very real thing.

        9. Life's best when you're well dressed :)
Dapper Day fall soiree, September 27th


        10. About 70% of what any of us know about Taylor Swift's love life is just speculation.

        11. Sometimes we have to open our eyes to new truths, even if it means admitting we're jerks.
                     (American History is rough stuff, guys.)
   
        12. The only way to grow is to be willing to.

         13. A family to rush home to is a gift I don't deserve but for which I am eternally thankful.



        14. Dreams, plans, and resolutions change. And that's okay.


a little piece of farm that has stolen my heart



Happy New Year, everyone! I hope you also have learned things you'll never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment